siren song

10.28.2014



Early Saturday morning before the light of day, we started some coffee and snuggled beneath warm quilts while the house warmed up, talking about where to go that day.  We heard the forecast was for high winds on the Oregon coast, and that siren song was one we could not resist.  We were soon on our way, traveling the magical winding road through the woods that leads to the sea.  Raindrops sprinkled and twinkled on the windshield like nature's glitter.  Fog and mist clung to the treetops.  I knew it was going to be a good day.  We stopped first in Seaside, where the wind was just starting to really pick up.  We decided to drive up toward Fort Stevens to see the wreck of the Peter Iredale in the storm, but by the time we got there trees were coming down, the sand was blowing sideways, and I could hardly stand up in the wind.  We got out of the car for only a minute and I couldn't see anything, much less try and take my camera out.  But it was thrilling.  Nature was alive ~ earth, sea, and sky dancing together with wild abandon.  I'm so glad we heeded the call....I'll be listening for that siren song again.
by mlekoshi