peace

10.24.2011

 
 

This is not meant to be a creepy October graveyard post. I know some will think it strange or be put off, but I've simply always found graveyards to be quiet peaceful places.  Sometimes sad, for sure (at times so personally sad I cannot go), but really a place of quiet reflection and peace.  Visiting graves of my own family members gives me a great sense of sadness, yes, but also a sense of connection and hope.  These pictures are from a very large and beautiful graveyard I used to go to quite often that I visited again recently.  The carved designs and sayings on the stones are so beautiful.  I could wander for hours looking at each one, pondering the time and people.  I especially love the angel-topped ones, which to me symbolize goodness, comfort, protection, love, and resurrection.
by mlekoshi